Sunday, December 14, 2008

THE HOME SPA




DOCTOR'S ORDERS: Create a spa at home. The ability to visit a spa and just forget all the problems that stress me out, is a real luxury. Life on this planet will induce levels of stress that can be debilitating. In order to maintain a reasonable level of "calm", I've been known to "Spa Hop" with my husband. This pastime though fun and relaxing can become quite costly-then I get stressed over the bill! Actually, I've learned to align my visits to the spas with seasonal discounts. In between spa hopping times, HOME,is where the pampering happens! To create a home spa, consider the things you like in a spa or retreat. I like the peaceful and calming atmosphere that is created. This includes sounds and pleasant scents. I like the luxury of large fluffy towels, comfortable terry-cloth robes and soft shoes. I like the pure cosmetic products for skin care. And I like the pure water and tasty organic meals that are available.
The menu of services provided varies, but most spas offer facials; massages; manicures; pedicures; herbal, clay or mineral wraps (for skin toning). Using the above info, make a list to help you create a "home spa", taIlored just for you.

I created my home spa in the master bedroom and bath. . .
There is access to music and motivational tapes,
Access to favorite books and magazines,
Soft, thirsty over-sized towels,
A lovely zen fountain, (with colorful rocks from my rock collection)
A shower and jacuzzi tub (regular tub is OK),
An assotment of candles in glass holders (think safety!),
A tray-stand with an assortment of "spa" products:pedicure and manicure kits,facial products,
Bottled water, fruit juices,
And assorted houseplants and comfortable chairs.

Massages are a main attraction and source of rejuvenation and relaxation.
Learn techniques of self-massage, for times when you are alone or unable to convince spouse or friend to give you a massage.
Therapeutic baths are relaxing, easy and fun to do: fill tub 3/4 full, add 2 cups of epsom salts and 2 cups of baking soda to warm water. Allow time for salts to dissolve. Set candles around the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment